Paddle Dryer is a highly efficient, mechanically agitated, indirect heat transfer device that adds or removes heat from a process mass. It is used for indirect drying, heating, cooling, pasteurization, crystallizing, and reacting of pastes, cakes, powders, and granules.
Dual counter-rotating shafts with unique intermeshing wedge shape paddles produce intimate mixing and optimize heat transfer. The use of hollow paddles for heat transfer results in a compact machine. The heat transfer medium: steam, oil, thermal fluid, water, or glycol is isolated from the process mass.
- High thermal efficiency
- Heat transfer medium does not come into contact with the product.
- Gas is not used to convey the product. Off-gas flow is minimal.
- Precise control of temperature
- Uniform product quality, through mixing and movement of the product
- Continuous process on a once-through basis
- High heat transfer area to process volume ratio - reduced floor space
- Pre-conditioning with recycle is typically not required.
- Easy to operate, requires minimal attention
- Safer than direct drying when processing combustible material
- Simple durable design for easy and low maintenance
- Enclosed process contains odors and hazardous materials
- Drying Heating & cooling Process
- Chemical: salts, catalyst, brominated organics, cellulose, starch
- Polymer and plastic: polypropylene, polycarbonate, poly phenyl sulfide, PET, PTA
- Mineral and metal: metal powders, metal carbonates, sulfates and hydroxides